Supporter Care Manager
Full time, Permanent
35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Up to £40,000 per annum + Competitive Benefits
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, pro-active and experienced Supporter Care Manager, with a charity background, to join our ambitious team.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
About the role/person
With excellent communication, customer service and line management skills, the Supporter Care Manager, will report to the Head of Individual Giving and will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the Supporter Care strategy on behalf of Samaritans
- Operational management of business as usual systems and financial processes including effective supporter stewardship, response handling, complaint management and administration
- Managing two Supporter Care Officers to maximise the supporter experience, ensuring that they provide a consistent and excellent standard of supporter care
- Ensuring that all activities and processes are implemented in line with best practice and external regulation
- Working effectively with external agencies, ensuring good value for money and developing excellent working relationships.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon.
As an employer, we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, wellbeing days, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00am on 29th October 2018. 1st Interviews will take place on 6th and 7th November 2018; 2nd interviews will be held on 12th November 2018.