People rely on Samaritans at significant times in their lives and when they might be at their most vulnerable. We are looking for friendly and approachable volunteers with a background in Safeguarding to join our team of Safeguarding Officers in supporting our Listening Volunteers.
How you can make a difference:
- By providing expertise and experience in relation to safeguarding as part of the Safeguarding team
- By supporting our volunteers in relation to safeguarding concerns so that we can support our most vulnerable callers
- By playing a key role in delivering our Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, ensuring a consistent approach across the organisation
- Be part of the safeguarding rota providing support to Samaritans volunteers
What you will gain:
- Be part of a dynamic and skilled group of safeguarding colleagues supporting our volunteers in relation to safeguarding concerns
- An opportunity to create good working relationships internally and externally
- Be part of a service that makes a difference to our callers and our people
- Grow and make the most of your skills and expertise; there is great satisfaction in utilising your experience for a charitable purpose
The chance to use your knowledge and expertise to:
- Provide specialist advice on safeguarding matters
- Support volunteers in managing safeguarding concerns and adhering to guidelines
- Champion the Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy and ensure best practice across the organisation
You need these qualities and skills to fulfil this role:
- Experience in Safeguarding adults and/or children and knowledge of current legislation
- Experience in case work and ongoing case management and the ability to make an objective and balanced decision
- Experience of working within a team
- Good IT skills and knowledge of data protection legislation
If you have the relevant experience and a passion for our organisation, you could be just who we are looking for. To find out more about this role please see the role description or for queries relating to the role please contact Anna Willmington, Project Manager for Safeguarding at email@example.com.
Telephone interviews for shortlisted candidates will be during the week commencing 4th September.
Successful candidates will be expected to attend training on Friday 15th September in London. Depending on your location an overnight stay may be provided.