When a comment is posted, the site will display a message saying that your comment is queued for approval. At that stage, it’s reviewed by one of our team and if it fits with the community guidelines, it is published and people will be able to see it and reply to it on the site.
Please note that because comments made on the site are moderated by our office staff, we may not always be able to respond outside of office hours.
- Respect the privacy and opinions of other commenters
- Email us if you’d like to report a post
- Email us if you’d like to say more than you feel you can say here
- If you’re struggling to cope and need someone to talk to, please contact us
- Tell other commenters what to do
- Attack or harass other users
- Share any personal contact details
- Use swearing or offensive language in your comments
- Post anything that is off-topic
- Post in graphic detail about self-harm, suicide plans or methods. It’s okay to talk about your experiences but please be careful about other people’s potential triggers. If you’re struggling to cope and need someone to talk, please contact us
- Promote your own or other commercial services
- Respect your confidentiality. You don’t need to provide any identifying information to post a comment here
- Review comments before they’re published on www.samaritans.org
- Not publish comments that break these community guidelines
- Respond to feedback where possible
- Always be able to respond to reports or messages outside of office hours (9am-5pm on weekdays).
- Be able to respond to all comments individually