Different types of people can be a Samaritan.
- Respect the views and actions of others without judging them?
- Listen well and respond with empathy?
- Work in a team and support fellow team members?
- Communicate effectively - in person, by phone, in writing emails?
- Give people time and space to tell their story?
- Try to see the other point of view regardless of your own beliefs?
- Offer confidential emotional support without giving advice?
You may think that it would be hard to do all this, but the Samaritan training is second to none. And the supportive environment gives our volunteers the confidence they need.
What would you get out of it?
- You will develop confidence and precious know-how to give positive, sometimes life-changing, support by phone, email, text or face-to-face meetings.
- You will also have the satisfaction of changing someone’s life
Able to do one duty per week, including occasional night duties.
Attend Branch & other meetings.
Or if you'd like more information or for an initial chat please email Recruitment@WinchesterSamaritans.org.uk
When you volunteer for Samaritans, you touch another person’s life when it really matters, and it changes you too.
To find out more, come to an information session at the Samaritans centre at 13 Upper High Street, Winchester, SO23 8UT
- Wednesday 28th March, 7pm - 8pm
More details from recruitment@