Weston Super Mare & North Somerset Samaritans are proud to be part of our local communities.
As part of our contribution to our communities, volunteers from our branch are available to give talks to clubs, societies, schools, education providers and health care staff.
Possible subjects include:
- Understanding emotional health
- A brief history of Samaritans as an organisation
- Examples of the sorts of situation that may lead people to contact Samaritans
- An outline of the training and roles of Samaritans volunteers
- Statistics on suicide, self harm and the use of the Samaritans service
- What to expect when contacting Samaritans volunteers
Talks can last between 20 and 50 minutes depending on the requirements of the group, including time for questions. A short video or PowerPoint presentation can also be provided.
There is no charge for having a speaker from the Weston Super Mare and North Somerset Samaritans, although contributions to the running costs of the branch are always welcome.
Please phone our branch and leave a message on 01934 621240 if you would like to book a guest speaker. Please note, this number is not permanently manned and should not be used to contact our listening service.
Samaritans also offer workplace staff training to help businesses support emotional customers and build personal and team resilience.