Samaritans in the community
Our listening and support volunteers are active in the Suffolk community. Find out more about our outreach work, how we raise awareness, our public talks and how to contact us.
Listening volunteers support callers at:
- local prisons
- probation hostels
- Ipswich soup kitchen
- community events, e.g. Suffolk Show
Both listening and support volunteers attend regional community festivals and events to promote Samaritans.
While raising awareness might be our reason for being at these events, we sometimes provide emotional support too.
"I really enjoy meeting people while attending local events to promote our service, and sometimes providing emotional support to people who find it difficult to contact us." - Tony, Listening Volunteer
Below are some of the events we'll be attending to raise awareness this year.
Come and see us to find out more about becoming a volunteer with Samaritans of Ipswich and East Suffolk.
Our volunteers will also be available to offer emotional support to anyone that needs it.
- June 8th Kesgrave Fun Day
- July 1st Music Day in Christchurch Park
- July 7th Global Rhythms in Christchurch Park
- July 8th Indian Summer Mela, Christchurch Park
- July 14th Stowmarket Carnival
- July 25th Hollesley Bay Family Day
- July 26th Ipswich Town Football Club Family Day
- July 28 & 29 Felixstowe Carnival
- August 18 & 19 Martime Ipswich
- August 20th Aldeburgh Carnival
- September 2nd 1Big Multicultural Festival, Alexandria Park
We also give talks to interested organisations, including:
- Rotary Clubs
- Mother’s Unions
- Probus groups
We also distribute our information leaflets and posters to other local charities and organisations.
Get in touch
You can contact Samaritans of Ipswich and East Suffolk online using one of the following: