With the Edinburgh Fireworks welcoming in 2017, many people start their January by looking for new challenges and opportunities for a new year. Could this be the year you join Samaritans? At Edinburgh branch we are always looking for new volunteers to join our busy branch.
Who are Samaritans volunteers?
Samaritans volunteers come from all walks of life and have their own personal reasons for volunteering with us. Volunteers are the heart of Samaritans and whatever your interests, experience or skills we have a role in our branch for you.
What does it means to be a volunteer with Samaritans?
- You will be supported by our branch with all the training you need for the role you take on
- You'll be surrounded by people with the same motivation as you
- You'll be able to give your whole attention to each person you're supporting without being ovewhelmed yourself.
- You'll develop new skills; and
- You'll meet new friends from all different background
Hear more about volunteering with us
Don't just take our word for it - read more about our volunteers and what it means to them to be part of Samaritans.
Take the next step.
If the above sounds like the volunteering opportunity you've been looking for, our branch is having an information morning on Saturday 14th January, at 10 am. At our information morning there wil be opportunities to find out more about our branch and ask questions about being about a Samaritan Volunteer. To attend one of these session, please complete our general enquiries form and we'll be in touch with you shortly.