There are a variety of roles required to run a succesful branch, and this isn't confined to the listening roles. Support volunteers help with the many other branch activities including:
- Publicity - all things do to with promoting the branch. This also includes liaising with the media team.
- Media - People who manage internal and external websites (such as this one) and generate content on Twitter and Facebook.
- Administration – day-to-day running of a Samaritans branch.
- Fundraising – planning and delivering fundraising activities for the branch.
- IT support – maintaining the computer systems and networks.
If any of the roles are of interest please follow the link here on our information evenings.