Want to visit the branch?
We are just over the road from the Coity Castle Pub, head up Coity Road and take your first right. There's a sign to point the way.
Please wait a minute or two for a reply. If there's no answer, please try again - we may be on the phone.
Feel free to call us in advance to make sure we're free: 01656 662333
We will be there to listen. You can talk to us, in your own way, and off the record - about whatever's getting to you. You don't have to be suicidal.
Looking to volunteer?
It takes a lot of people to run our branch. Could you help by:
- Answering calls to people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide?
- Provide admin support?
- Talk to schools and groups about their emotional wellbeing?
- Fundraise for us?
- Go out with our van to offer emotional support?
- Be on our committee and run our branch?
- Train others to be listeners or support volunteers?
- Publicise who we are and what we do?
- Don’t want to answer the phone or meet people face to face - maybe you can reply to emails and texts from our callers who need emotional support?
FIND OUT MORE – by clicking HERE
See how you can help us HERE
Outside of the Branch
As well as answering our callers by telephone, email and text and answering the door to callers to the branch, we also go out in the community. At the moment we have volunteers:
- Supporting people in Bridgend town centre and at the Princess of Wales Hospital
- Training listeners in Parc Prison so they can provide support to fellow prisoners
- Running emotional health sessions in schools, colleges, training centres and doctors surgeries
- Attending events and shows throughout the region
Branch History - click HERE
Bridgend Samaritans is a charity registered in England and Wales, number 1170848. You can find out more about us on the Charity Commission website