Our fundraising at supermarkets and shopping centres
For charities in the UK, fundraising at supermarkets and shopping centres raises £1000s of donations each year.
This regular source of income is vital, enabling us to continue to run our service, plan our activities and expand upon the services we can offer our callers - helping to ensure long-term sustainability.
As well as being an effective and efficient form of fundraising, it allows us to have a two-way conversation about our work, providing an opportunity to answer questions or focus on particular areas of interest – something which is not possible with other forms of fundraising.
Fundraising at supermarkets and shopping centres also helps us to reach people that we couldn’t reach with other channels of communication, such as mail and phone.
Checking a fundraiser is genuine
- Contact our Supporter Care Line on 03709 00 00 32 with the name and location of the fundraiser, who can check the details for you.
- All fundraisers carry a photo ID badge.
- Samaritans fundraisers wear identifiable clothing displaying the Samaritans logo.
- The Samaritans registered charity number (219432) is printed on the materials carried by our fundraisers.
The fundraisers undergo a stringent recruitment and selection process and background checks before they can join a fundraising team at a shopping centre or supermarket. They also receive comprehensive training by Samaritans about the charity and the services we provide.
Ongoing training and support is given by both Samaritans and our professional fundraising agency to ensure the professionalism and high standard of our representatives.
Fundraisers also carry information about Samaritans and should be able to answer questions about the charity, our fundraising and the services we provide.
For enquiries about our fundraising at supermarkets and shopping centres
- 9am-5pm Contact our Supporter Care Team on 03709 00 00 32 or email@example.com who will personally record and manage your enquiry
- Or leave a message with our Supporter Care Team, and a member of the team will get back to you the following day.