157.4 kb - PDF
Samaritans is looking for a Project Officer to join our There for Everyone team.
We are looking for a Project Officer to join our There for Everyone team at Central Office.
Launched in October 2016, our There for Everyone (T4E) programme will help Samaritans improve how we recruit and support volunteers, enable us to use technology more effectively and enhance our learning and development offering. We believe these changes will help us to deliver a better service for people who are struggling to cope, and will help reduce suicide.
Since launch, the T4E Programme Team has been working hard on nine key projects to address these challenges and have been rolling out changes to branches and embedding them as part of day-to-day operations. We are now looking for a Project Officer to join the deployment team at Central Office, to support branches throughout the roll out of T4E developments. The Project Officer will work closely with the project teams to support branches with the adoption of the different developments and will act as the main point of contact for branches throughout this process.
- Ewell, Surrey
- 18 month FTC, full time
- £30,000 - £33,000 per annum (depending on experience) + competitive benefits
A little about the role...
Samaritans is looking for an experienced Project Officer to manage a portfolio of projects, working with project teams from across the organisation to track delivery to time and cost.
The successful candidate will have;
- Experience of managing projects to time and cost, drawing on a strong understanding of project of management principles and approaches;
- Experience of working with volunteers and branches;
- Experience of successful stakeholder management;
- Excellent relationship management skills, including the ability to work effectively with people of different levels of seniority, and people with different styles and approaches;
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills;
- A positive attitude to change and demonstrable ability to problem solve in a creative and positive way.
The role will report to the There for Everyone Business Change Manager.
If you're interested in finding out more about the role please read the attached job description as set out below.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Interested applicants please send an updated CV and an accompany statement outlining your motivations for applying for the role to [email protected] no later than 9:00am on Monday 9th December 2019.
First interviews will be held on Monday 16th December 2019.