121.3 kb - PDF
An exciting opportunity to join Samaritans award-winning partnership with National Rail industry on the ‘Reducing suicides on the railways’ programme.
- Ewell, Surrey
- 9 months FTC
- Circa £30 – 34k depending on experience
About the role/person
This is an innovative, and worthwhile partnership which has provided leadership and best practice in the suicide prevention sector.
Samaritans is a renowned and unique organisation, and this is an opportunity for the right candidate to join this well-respected charity within our new and expanding Strategic Partnerships directorate.
We are looking for a Project Officer (Reporting) to join the team in a nine month fixed term contract role, to monitor and report on the implementation of the programme to reduce suicides on the railways across the railway. You will be part of a motivated and knowledgeable team which is influencing and engaging stakeholders across the rail industry and facilitating partnership-working around suicide prevention in priority locations, supporting the work of local Samaritans branches.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working on projects
- Highly organised
- Ability to communicate complex information simply, clearly and accurately in statistical reports, verbally and in writing
- Analytical and numeracy skills to interrogate data from complex and detailed documents and report accurately in reports and bulletins for external stakeholders and internal audiences
- Good stakeholder management skills or experience of partnership working
- Good IT skills, specifically excellent use of Microsoft Excel and competent use of Microsoft Word
- Experience of providing a secretariat service including organising meetings with numerous delegates, preparing papers to a high standard and minute taking
- A familiarity with any of the following would be an advantage: rail industry, charity/voluntary sector or emotional health and wellbeing
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Please download and read the full job description, post benefits form and application form below. Completed application forms should be emailed to [email protected] no later than 9am on 29 April 2019.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
21.5 kb - DOCX
45.8 kb - DOCX