124.0 kb - PDF
An exciting opportunity to join Samaritans award-winning partnership with National Rail industry on the ‘Reducing suicides on the railways’ programme.
- Ewell, Surrey
- Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2020
- Circa £34k
About the role/person
Samaritans is in its tenth year of the ‘Reducing suicides on the railways’ project in partnership with Network Rail, on behalf of the wider rail industry. This is an innovative, award-winning and worthwhile partnership.
Samaritans is a renowned and unique organisation and this is an exciting opportunity to join this well-respected charity. We are looking for a Project Officer join the team which is co-ordinating the implementation of the project to reduce suicides on the railways across the Samaritans branch network. You will be part of a motivated and knowledgeable team which is influencing and engaging stakeholders across the rail industry and facilitating partnership-working with Samaritans volunteers.
The main duties of the Project Officer:
- To support volunteers to plan and implement interventions locally, including securing the involvement of partner organisations
- To influence and engage with rail industry partners at regional and local level
- To manage and deliver community outreach project, particularly community events
- To develop materials and interventions for use by branches
- To evaluate and report on the phases of the project
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of project management
- Strong communication skills, able to deliver clear and persuasive presentations and reports
- Good IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Due to the nature of this varied role you will have the opportunity to travel and therefore will need to be flexible and enjoy meeting and engaging with new people.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Please download and read the full job description, post benefits form and application form below. Completed application forms should be emailed to [email protected] no later than 9am on 17th June 2019.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
45.7 kb - DOCX