114.3 kb - PDF
Samaritans is looking to recruit a part-time Policy Officer to work with our Executive Director for Ireland. The post is a great opportunity to contribute to the work of Samaritans in Ireland.
- Dublin, Ireland
- Permanent, part time (28 hours)
- Salary: €35,000 ( € 43,750 FTE)
About The role/person
Samaritans Ireland are looking for a self-starting individual with a track record in policy and public affairs work. Our preference is for someone who has honed their skills in an advocacy or “real time” environment, capable of providing quality policy and influencing work that can be encapsulated into a succinct message. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the work of Samaritans by raising awareness of the issue of suicide, and those associated factors that increase risk, such as deprivation, gender and age.
The successful candidate will require:
- Experience of working in a policy or public affairs environment, with the ability to communicate at all levels a desire for change within and outside our organisation.
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- The ability to influence public policy by working with national and local government in Ireland, with other organisations, and with colleagues in the UK.
- Insight into a policy or public affairs issue or organisation, and how to use influence for success.
This is a new part-time post (4 days per week), subject to continued funding, and will require some limited travel to Samaritans Central Charity office in the UK.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday (pro- rated), 3 wellbeing days, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Please download and read the full job description and application form below. Completed application forms should be emailed to [email protected] no later than 9.00am on 14th October 2019. First interviews will be held on 1st November 2019.
34.7 kb - DOCX