We are building a wider team to provide additional leadership support, case management support and increase our specific function expertise
We are embarking on an important programme of activity focused on achieving innovative and continuous improvements of our safeguarding, volunteer and service quality practice. This work includes the development of new flexible volunteering offers, creation of remote volunteering hubs for quality, caller support & safeguarding and the delivery of a programme of activity that has quality and safety of our service at the forefront of what we do. We are also about to embark on a new strategy period bringing with it a huge range of exciting service developments for the organisation.
About the team
We are a fun, friendly and supportive team whose focus is on delivering excellence to our callers and volunteers. The team sits within the operations directorate and is split into Safeguarding and Caller Support, Quality and Service Improvement and Volunteer Services. Between us and the senior volunteers that work alongside us we support 201 branches, over 20,000 amazing volunteers across the UK and ROI whilst ensuring we provide a safe and effective service to our callers. Each team has staff and senior volunteers that have been with Samaritans for several years providing essential knowledge of the service alongside those that have joined more recently who bring an essential new and fresh perspective to what we do. This combination works well in ensuring we stay relevant in an ever-changing volunteer world whilst supporting the service users to have a positive experience each time they contact us.
- We are embarking on an exciting period of growth – we are defining our new charity strategy from 2022, in line with our new CEO Julie and Chair of Trustees Keith, who joined in 2020.
- We are passionate about flexible working and wellbeing.
- We offer a preference on home based, hybrid or office-based working.
- We are an inclusive organisation with a culture of belonging.
Roles in the Safeguarding and caller support team
- Safeguarding Officer – Provides expert advice, guidance and support to volunteers and staff, in relation to safeguarding by applying policies, procedures, and best practice, including branch volunteers and the safeguarding hub volunteers and manages external and internal referrals.
- ROI Safeguarding Officer – Provides expert advice, guidance and support to volunteers and staff, in relation to safeguarding by applying policies, procedures, and best practice, including branch volunteers and the safeguarding hub volunteers and manages external and internal referrals and focuses on ROI specific legislation and referrals.
- Caller Support Officer – Provides expert advice, guidance and support to specialist/senior volunteers and staff, in the management and use of Samaritans’ Caller Support and safety policies, procedures and investigations.
Roles in the Quality and Service Improvement team
- Head of Quality and Service Improvement – Provides leadership and successful delivery of key strategic developments focused on creative and innovative improvements to our quality and service improvement strands to ensure consistently high quality and safe service delivery for our service users.
- Quality and Service Improvement Officers x2 – Provides expert advice, guidance and support to specialist and senior volunteers and staff, in the management and application of Samaritans quality assurance policies and procedures and carries out internal investigations.
Roles in the Volunteer Services team
- Head of Volunteer Services – Provides Leadership and successful delivery of key strategic developments and innovations for volunteer services and to provide leadership in all operational activity in relation to volunteer recruitment, development and volunteer support services.
- Case Coordinator – Provides customer service triage and co-ordination of caseloads across the branch and volunteer services team filtering first line contacts including caller complaints, problem solving cases, caller support cases and branch enquiries.
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
Select the individual job titles above to access the job advert and job description. Select ‘apply for this job’ and you will be asked to submit a CV. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to undergo a two-stage video interview process. You can read our tips for a successful video interview here.
The closing date for applications is 25th October 2021