52.6 kb - DOCX
Are you an experienced events professional looking to take on the next exciting challenge in your career?
- Ewell, Surrey
- 12-month FTC, full time
- c.£30K per annum + Competitive Benefits
About the role/person
Samaritans is looking for a confident, experienced Events Officer to join our Internal Communications team on a 12-month contract and lead the delivery of a high quality, cost-effective events management service for the charity.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications and working closely with both Samaritans staff and volunteers, the role’s key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a programme of all staff meetings and Central Office visits for volunteers, as well as other internal, office-based events to support specific projects and campaigns
- Managing several key Samaritans externally hosted events, which can be attended by up to 300 delegates (many of these are multi-day events that take place at weekends, flexi-time is available for out of hours working)
- Carry out venue searches and site visits to produce appropriate and cost-effective recommendations for each event; manage procurement process with selected venues
- Research and commission suppliers for any additional services required, such as AV support, catering, transport, photography or printing
- Lead on-site management of events, including briefing and delegating tasks to Samaritans staff, liaising with venue staff, meeting and greeting speakers and facilitators, overseeing event set up, room layout, signage, catering, AV set-up and event registration
- Manage the event budget for Council of Samaritans (up to £90K) including the payment of invoices and recording/ processing of volunteer and staff expenses, as well as other event budgets as needed
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Please download and read the full job description, post benefits form and application form below. Completed application forms should be emailed to [email protected] no later than 9am on 8 April 2019.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
14.5 kb - DOCX
45.8 kb - DOCX