164.2 kb - PDF
We are looking for Data Analyst to join our Listening Service team to play a key role in supporting the Samaritans vision that fewer people die by suicide.
Permanent, full time
£28,000-38,000 per annum + Competitive Benefits
A little bit about the role...
We are launching our new multi-channel platform, which should allow volunteers to answer telephone calls, online chats and emails within one platform. We are also planning to roll out Online Chat after several successful pilots, as well as looking at digital outreach and a number of other exciting developments.
We are looking for Data Analyst to join our Listening Service team to inform continuous improvement in our services, to deliver deeper research findings, and to support more effective communications, partnerships and influencing. The Senior Service Data Analyst will play a key role in supporting the Samaritans vision that fewer people die by suicide.
In return we’re offering a salary of between £28,000 and £38,000, 25 days holiday, and 3 wellbeing days per annum as well as access to a competitive pension scheme.
We are keen to hear from candidates who have demonstrable experience of:
- Recognizing and identifying appropriate ways to collect, collate and prepare data;
- Presenting clear findings that colleagues can understand and use;
- Understanding and producing different types of data models;
- Manipulating and linking different data sets;
- Taking responsibility for data organisation, architecture, quality, integrity and compliance.
In addition, we are interested to hear from candidates with experience of data visualisation, applied statistics or building data products - and candidates are encouraged to highlight any experience in these areas in their application.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Determining the needs of different users for data insight and reporting;
- Using operational data to monitor the functioning of our services;
- Advising on the development of data systems and tools;
- Representing service data on key initiatives and projects;
- Assuming shared responsibility for improvements to data organisation, architecture, quality, and compliance.
If you're interested in finding out more about the role please read the attached job description as set out below.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a covering letter outlining their motivations for applying and how they meet each of role criteria as set out in the JD to [email protected] no later than 9.00 am on Wednesday 17th June 2020.