116.0 kb - PDF
Samaritans Ireland is seeking to recruit a Communications Officer to work with our Executive Director. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the work of Samaritans in Ireland.
- Dublin, Ireland
- 10 month FTC, part time time (28 hours)
- Salary: €35,000 ( €43,750 FTE)
About The role/person
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the work of Samaritans, and of the Executive Director for Ireland, by raising awareness of our work, promoting the work of our strong volunteer base, and increasing an understanding of what we do in the media and through social media.
We are looking for a self-starting individual with a proven track record in communications, either in journalism or in public relations, with social media skills. Our preference is for someone who has honed their skills in the working environment, has a keen interest in communications and social media, and has the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
In particular, the successful candidate will require:
- Experience of working in communications, with the ability to communicate at all levels within and outside our organisation.
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, including the media and volunteers.
- The ability to play a major part in planning and delivering Samaritans’ communication activities and key messages to internal and external audiences.
- The ability to manage media coverage of Samaritans, and mental health issues in Ireland.
The post is part time (4 days a week) and will require some limited travel to Samaritans Central Charity office in the UK, and to Samaritans branches in Ireland.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
As an employer, we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday (pro-rated), 3 wellbeing days, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Please download and read the full job description and application form below. Completed application forms should be emailed to [email protected] no later than 9.00am on 14th October 2019. First interviews will be held on 31st October 2019.
34.7 kb - DOCX