Since 2010 Samaritans and the Rail Suicide Prevention Programme has won the following awards:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Project of the Year, Charity Times Awards, 2016
- Best use of Technology Award for the NSPSG Learning Tool, Charity Times Awards, 2015
- Training Team of the Year for Samaritans’ Managing Suicidal Contacts and Trauma Support training team at the Rail Staff Awards, 2014
- Trainer of the Year award for Samaritans trainer Steve Tollerton at the Rail Staff Awards, 2012
- Charity Partnership award at the Third Sector Business Charity Awards, 2012
- Corporate National Partnership of the Year award at the Charity Times Awards, 2011
- Transport Team/Partnership of the Year award at the National Transport Awards, 2011
- Corporate Partnership award at the Third Sector Excellence Awards, 2011
This project combines the core business of Network Rail and that of Samaritans, and provides a solution to both the company's business problems and the charity's mission.
Marge Mayne, Chief Executive of VSO and Charity Partnership judge.
Recognising those who save lives
For the past three years, Samaritans has sponsored the Lifesaver Award at the annual Railstaff Awards. The Samaritans Lifesaver award recognises rail industry staff and British Transport Police officers who have made potentially life saving interventions on the railways.
In three years over 100 people have been nominated for the award from rail organisations across England, Scotland and Wales.
If you know someone who may have saved the life of a vulnerable person on the rail network, please let us know.